Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What is in a name? (email)

Steve Anderson wrote an interesting article about what your email domain name says about you and could an outdated service like AOL be costing you clients.  According to his article he doesn't take any emails serious unless they are from a hosted email account with your own domain name. 

As an attorney I come across different email addresses all the time.  Never once did I stop to think this person doesn't know what he or she is talking about because he is sending me an email from an AOL address.  I personally use Gmail for my business and personal emails.  It is simple to use, and easy to navigate.  I think Mr. Anderson might do better to concentrate on how a person addresses his subject in an email and the quality of information he is receiving in an email as oppossed to the domain name of the email. 

Domain Names

No comments:

Post a Comment